Schwinn couldn’t have chosen a better time to start a bicycle business as the bicycle was rapidly gaining popularity with Americans. Eventually, however, the bicycle craze slowed and sales began to decline. Schwinn purchased several other company’s to merge with his own in an attempt to increase sales and not fall under as many bicycle company’s began to. The company stayed in the Schwinn family until the early 2000s when the company went bankrupt. Cheaper, imported bikes began to take over the market.
OptionsSchwinn offers a variety of bicycles at a wide range of prices. Schwinn has a less expensive line of bikes sold at locations such as Walmart, as well as more expensive specialty bikes sold in private shops. Along with bicycles, Schwinn also produces some bicycle/riding gear, as well as a motor scooter. The different bikes offered by Schwinn are as follows:
- Cruisers: A great general bike for casual riding.
- Road bikes: The perfect choice for the commuter.
- Mountain bikes: Perfect for the adventurer. Made for off road use.
- Urban bike: Design for riding through cities, or generally flat roads.
- Hybrid bikes: Allows the rider to traverse different terrain conditions.
- Kids bikes: Safe and fun for children to enjoy
- Tricycle: For kids and adults equipped with cargo basket in rear.
- Electric bikes: Take longer trips at reasonable speeds and exercise when ready.