Checkpoint SL 5 is a carbon gravel bike made for epic all-road adventures. It’s built with a Shimano GRX drivetrain and hydraulic disc brakes, but the defining feature of this model is the lightweight OCLV Carbon frame with IsoSpeed, a decoupler at the top tube/seat tube junction that provides additional compliance over rough terrain so you can stay stronger longer.
If after miles and miles of riding your road bike you get tired of dealing with traffic. Or maybe you’re sick of always being on the lookout for irresponsible drivers. Or, perhaps, you just want to spice things up. Maybe it’s time to see what nature has to offer.
In order to hop on a nature trail, and start your adventure, you’ll need a tough, dependable, all-rounder bike. This is where Trek’s Checkpoint SL 5 gravel bike comes into play.
Freedom, speed, and reliance. These are the keywords that define the Checkpoint SL 5 bike.
Its impressive tire clearance allows you to accommodate tires up to 45c, allowing you to challenge the toughest roads and emerge triumphant.
Made of carbon this bike is shock absorbent. 2, 8, or 12 hours no matter how long you ride you’ll always feel comfortable. This means you can travel longer distances and explore more.
The Stranglehold Dropout allows you to run singlespeed. There are several benefits from this transition, one of the most enjoyable is the ability to descend at top speed from a hill. Your fatigued leg days are over.
On the opposite side, the Shimano GRX drivetrain with lower gears allows you to climb the steepest hill as if it was an anthill.
A beautiful but tough 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame, hydraulic disc brakes, and Control Freak internal routing make this a versatile bike. Adapt it to your specific needs, take it anywhere you want. This is an extremely dependable bike that won’t let you down.
Furthermore, it has mounts for 4 water bottle cages. Perhaps not letting you suffer from dehydration is a pretty good quality of this gravel bike. Won’t you agree?
- 500 Series OCLV frame
- Gravel Specific Tires
- IsoSpeed Decoupler
- Flat Mount Disc Brakes
- Ride Tuned Seatmast
- Carbon Armor
- Stranglehold Dropout
- Tubeless Ready Rims
- Blendr Compatible Stem
- Tire: Bontrager GR1 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength casing, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 700x40c
- Bottom bracket: Trek BB90
- Saddle: Bontrager Montrose Comp, steel rails, 138mm width
- Size (49): Bontrager Elite IsoZone VR-CF, alloy, 31.8mm, 93mm reach, 123mm drop, 38cm width
- Size (52): Bontrager Elite IsoZone VR-CF, alloy, 31.8mm, 93mm reach, 123mm drop, 40cm width
- Size (54, 56): Bontrager Elite IsoZone VR-CF, alloy, 31.8mm, 93mm reach, 123mm drop, 42cm width
- Size (58, 61): Bontrager Elite IsoZone VR-CF, alloy, 31.8mm, 93mm reach, 123mm drop, 44cm width
- Size (49): Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree, 80mm length
- Size (52, 54): Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree, 90mm length
- Size (56, 58): Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree, 100mm length
- Size (61): Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree, 110mm length
Didn't find the right price? Set price alert below
Specification: Checkpoint SL 5 Gravel Bike
Price History for Checkpoint SL 5
|Current Price||$2,899.99||June 5, 2020|
|Highest Price||$2,899.99||May 22, 2020|
|Lowest Price||$2,899.99||May 22, 2020|
Last price changes
|$2,899.99||May 22, 2020|